Wearing of face mask is mandatory in the Philippine Consulate General premises!
Guidelines on the Consularization of the Affidavit of Legitimation by Subsequent Marriage (ALSM) of Parents
- For a child born in the Philippines whose father/mother are currently residing in British Columbia, Yukon and Northwest Territories, Canada, the ALSM shall be notarized and registered at the Philippine Consulate General.
- If the father or mother of the child is in the Philippines but the birth occurred in British Columbia, Yukon and the Northwest Territories, Canada, the ALSM shall be notarized and registered at the Local Civil Registry Office of the place of execution of the document in the Philippines.
- The Local Civil Registrar’s (LCR) Office or the Philippine Consulate General, whichever is applicable, shall also issue an accompanying Certificate of Registration in relation to the ALSM.
- For clients in British Columbia, the Yukon and the Northwest Territories who are unable to visit the Consulate for in-person submission, please follow the requirements and procedures for Authentication of Documents sent by mail, which can be found in our website: https://www.vancouverpcg.org/services/notarial/authentication-of-documents/.
- An additional fee of CA$36.25 is required for the issuance of the Certificate of Registration.
Documentary Requirements for the Notarization and Registration of the ASLM by the Consulate:
- Two (two) duly accomplished ALSM forms:
- Original and two (2) photocopies of the parents’ marriage certificate or Report of Marriage issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA);
- Original and two (2) photocopies of the parents’ Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) or Advisory on Marriage issued by the PSA;
- Original and two (2) photocopies of the mother’s birth certificate issued by the PSA; and
- Original and two (2) photocopies of the parents’ passport and 1 government-issued ID (i.e.: driver’s license, permanent resident card, BCID);
Fee of CA$36.25 cash (per copy) for the ALSM and CA$36.25 cash for the Certificate of Registration.
- Jan 26, 2023
- Jan 19, 2023
- Dec 29, 2022
- Dec 29, 2022
- Dec 20, 2022
- Dec 5, 2022
- Dec 2, 2022
- Nov 29, 2022