By virtue of Republic Act No. 9189, as amended by Republic Act No. 10590, all Filipino citizens, who are at least 18 years old by 9 May 2022, and are not disqualified by law, may register as an Overseas Voter for purposes of participating in the May 2022 Presidential Elections.
The registration period for the May 2022 Presidential Elections is from 16 December 2019 to 30 September 2021. During this time, the Philippine Consulate General in Vancouver will accept applications for registration/certification filed either at the Consulate or at any of its consular outreach missions conducted during this period.
Requests for Transfer of Registration Records will also be entertained at this time.
Qualifications of Registrants
- Filipino citizens in British Columbia, Yukon and the Northwest Territories
- At least 18 years old on or before 9 May 2022
- Not otherwise disqualified by law, such as in one of the following instances:
- Has been sentenced to prison for more than one (1) year
- Has been convicted of crimes such as rebellion, insurrection, violation of the firearms laws, or any crime against national security
- Has been declared insane or incompetent
Any person disqualified to register under (a) and (b) above shall automatically reacquire the right to register and vote upon expiration of five (5) years after service of sentence.
Requirements for Registering
All applicants for Overseas Voting must appear in person for biometrics capturing at the Philippine Consulate General in Vancouver or at any of its consular outreach missions within British Columbia, Yukon or the Northwest Territories.
Applicants must bring with them any proof of Philippine citizenship (original and photocopy),
- Valid Philippine passport
- Philippine Birth Certificate
- Dual Citizenship Identification Certificate (for dual citizens)
- Seaman’s Book (for seafarers)
Date modified: June 23rd, 2020
- Aug 13, 2020
- Aug 10, 2020
- Aug 9, 2020
- Aug 6, 2020
- Aug 3, 2020
- Aug 1, 2020
- Jul 30, 2020
- Jul 29, 2020