Report of Marriage


The marriage between two Filipinos, or a Filipino and a foreigner, solemnized in British Columbia, the Yukon and the Northwest Territories should be reported to and registered with the Philippine National Statistics Office through the Consulate General.


  • Four (4) original-signed copies of the Report of Marriage form;
  • Original and four (4) copies of Certificate of Marriage (where place of birth of spouses are indicated) issued by the Vital Statistics Office of Canada;
  • Original and four (4) copies of Passport data page of both parties valid at the time of marriage:
    • In case of unavailability, execute an Affidavit of Explanation, and
    • Attach a copy valid/recent passport or any valid ID;
  • Original and four (4) copies of Proof of Status of both parties e.g. Permanent Resident (PR) card / Visa (if tourist, leisure or business purpose) / Work Permit (if working abroad at the time of marriage) / Proof of Dual Citizenship (i.e. Identification Certificate or Order of Approval);
  • Original and four (4) copies of Birth Certificate of both parties:
    • For Filipino Nationals – Authenticated Birth Certificate from the PSA
    • For Foreign Nationals – Birth Certificate issued by the country of birth (with official English translation, if applicable);
  • Original and four (4) Certificate of Naturalization, if parties were naturalized Filipinos and had acquired foreign citizenship (i.e. American, Australian, British or Canadian) after the marriage;
  • Notarized Affidavit of Late Registration of Marriage, if being reported after twelve (12) months from the time of marriage;
  • Original and four (4) copies of Judicial Decree of Divorce or Annulment if either spouse was previously married and divorced, or previously married and marriage was subsequently annulled plus original and four (4) copies of an annotated PSA Marriage Certificate reflecting the annulment/divorce decree;
  • Original and four (4) copies of Death Certificate of deceased spouse if either spouse is a widow/widower.

Report of Marriage form
Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Marriage

CAD$ 36.25 for Report of Marriage
CAD$ 36.25 for Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Marriage, for marriages reported more than one year after the vital event

Fees can be made in in cash or money order/bank draft made payable to the Philippine Consulate General. Do not send cash in the mail.

Processing Period
Processing at the Consulate takes two-three (2-3) business days upon receipt of the documents.

Date modified: July 3rd, 2020