Wearing of face mask is mandatory in the Philippine Consulate General premises!
Report of Marriage
- Report of Marriage service is by appointment only…book appointment here
- All clients must fill up and submit the Health Declaration form on-site when availing services at the Consulate.
The marriage between two Filipinos, or a Filipino and a foreigner, solemnized in British Columbia, the Yukon and the Northwest Territories should be reported to and registered with the Philippine National Statistics Office through the Consulate General.
- Four (4) original-signed copies of the Report of Marriage form;
- Original and four (4) copies of Certificate of Marriage (where place of birth of spouses are indicated) issued by the Vital Statistics Office of Canada;
- Original and four (4) copies of Passport data page of both parties valid at the time of marriage:
- In case of unavailability, execute an Affidavit of Explanation, and
- Attach a copy valid/recent passport or any valid ID;
- Original and four (4) copies of Proof of Status of both parties e.g. Permanent Resident (PR) card / Visa (if tourist, leisure or business purpose) / Work Permit (if working abroad at the time of marriage) / Proof of Dual Citizenship (i.e. Identification Certificate or Order of Approval);
- Original and four (4) copies of Birth Certificate of both parties:
- For Filipino Nationals – Authenticated Birth Certificate from the PSA
- For Foreign Nationals – Birth Certificate issued by the country of birth (with official English translation, if applicable);
- Original and four (4) Certificate of Naturalization, if parties were naturalized Filipinos and had acquired foreign citizenship (i.e. American, Australian, British or Canadian) after the marriage;
- Notarized Affidavit of Late Registration of Marriage, if being reported after twelve (12) months from the time of marriage;
- Original and four (4) copies of Judicial Decree of Divorce or Annulment if either spouse was previously married and divorced, or previously married and marriage was subsequently annulled plus original and four (4) copies of an annotated PSA Marriage Certificate reflecting the annulment/divorce decree;
- Original and four (4) copies of Death Certificate of deceased spouse if either spouse is a widow/widower.
Submission by mail:
- Report of Birth/Marriage/Death Form, notarized by a BC / Yukon / Northwest Territories notary public (whichever is applicable);
- Applicable Affidavits should also be notarized by a BC / Yukon / Northwest Territories notary public (whichever is applicable);
- Originals and 4 copies of the requirements. Original passports, citizenship cards and permanent resident cards may not be included in the mail provided that clear copies are submitted. However, said originals may also be requested by the Consulate, for verification purposes;
- Bank draft/money order indicating the corresponding service fees payable to the Philippine Consulate General. Personal checks and cash will not be accepted;
- One (1) self-addressed Xpresspost return envelope;
- Applicant’s contact details.
CAD$ 36.25 for Report of Marriage
CAD$ 36.25 for Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Marriage, for marriages reported more than one year after the vital event
Fees can be made in in cash or money order/bank draft made payable to the Philippine Consulate General. Do not send cash in the mail.
Processing at the Consulate takes two-three (2-3) business days upon receipt of the documents.
Date modified: December 1st, 2021
- Jun 24, 2022
- Jun 22, 2022
- Jun 20, 2022
- Jun 14, 2022
- Jun 14, 2022
- Jun 12, 2022
- Jun 6, 2022
- Jun 5, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC - George Dawson Inn - 11705 8th St., Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4N9
Status: Booking now
Terrace, British Columbia - BEST WESTERN TERRACE INN 4553 Greig Ave., Terrace BC V8G 1M7
Status: Booking now
Whitehorse, Yukon -
Kelowna, British Columbia -