Wearing of face mask is mandatory in the Philippine Consulate General premises!
December 09, 2020
SUPPLEMENTAL ADVISORY – ENTRY OF FORMER FILIPINO NATIONALS TO THE PHILIPPINES
The Bureau of Immigration has issued a Supplemental Advisory on the resumption of the balikbayan privilege. The advisory is available in full at the end of this advisory, please scroll below for the link.
Pursuant to Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) Resolution No. 85 dated 26 November 2020, the following revised guidelines are hereby implemented, to wit:
1. Starting December 7, 2020, the following may be allowed entry privileges to the Philippines under Republic Act no. 6768 or the “Act Instituting the Balikbayan Program”
- Filipino citizens’ foreign spouses and children, regardless of age, who are travelling with them;
- Former Filipino citizens, including their spouses and children, regardless of age, who are travelling with them.
1.1 The Filipino or former Filipino should be TRAVELLING TOGETHER with the spouse or children, otherwise shall be EXCLUDED/DENIED ENTRY, if are not qualified in the other exemptions from entry travel restrictions [Annex A]. Grandchildren, grandparents and in-laws are not eligible under the balikbayan privilege.
1.2 Airline staff may require documentary requirements from Balikbayan passengers under non-visa required countries pursuant to Executive Order No. 408, s. 1960, prior to boarding the same (please see the link below for list of documents).
2. They shall be admitted under RA 6768 with one year validity stay from the date of arrival.
3. The entry of these persons shall be subject to the following conditions:
a. Those nationals from visa-free countries under Executive Order No. 408, series of 1960 as enumerated in Section H of Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Foreign Service Circular (FSC) No. 157-2016 date 2 September 2016 [Annex B – link].
Family members of Balikbayans who are nationals of countries as well as former Filipinos who acquired citizenship and passports of countries not included in Section H are NOT ENTITILED to the Balikbayan privilege. They must secure ENTRY VISAS PRIOR TO THEIR TRAVEL TO THE PHILIPPINES.
b. With pre-booked quarantine facility;
c. With pre-booked COVID-19 testing at a laboratory operating at the airport Terminals 1 & 2: padlab.ph/DLS/PassengerCIF , Terminal 2: https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/ArrivingInThePH/ManilaArrivalGuideForNon-OFWs
d. Subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers at the port and date of entry.
For the public’s information and guidance.
Supplemental Advisory – Revised Guidelines – 03 December 2020