Notice to Passport Applicants
Personal appearance is required for all passport applicants.
Applicants are encouraged to book an appointment online for their convenience.
RA 9048 authorizes the city or municipal civil registrar or the Consul General to correct a clerical or typographical error in an entry and/ or change the first name or nickname in the civil register without the need for a judicial order.
RA 9048 amends Articles 376 and 412 of the Civil Code of the Philippines, which prohibit the change of name or surname of a person, or any correction or change of entry in a civil register without a judicial order.
Republic Act (RA) 10172 is an act further authorizing the city or municipal civil registrar or the Consul General to correct clerical or typographical errors in the day and month in the date of birth or sex of a person appearing in the civil register without need of a judicial order, amending sections 1, 2, 5 and 8 of RA 9048.
What are the grounds for the change of first name?
The following documents should be submitted:
1. Original copy of the NSO-authenticated certificate containing the alleged erroneous entry or entries.
2. At least two public or private documents upon which the correction shall be based. Examples of these documents are the following:
3. Notice and Certificate of Posting
4. Official Receipt of the filing fee
5. Proof of publication - an affidavit of publication from the publisher and copy of the newspaper clippings should be attached. The petition for change of first name or nickname shall be published at least once a week for two (2) consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation.
6. Other documents as may be required by the Consul General
The petition and its supporting papers shall be filed in three (3) copies to be distributed as follows: first copy to the Consul General; second copy to the Office of the Civil Registrar General; and third copy to the petitioner.
The petitioner is required to pay the filing fee of $187.50
What are the requirements for the change of first name? (Birth Certificate)
The Philippine Consulate General is located at the World Trade Center Office Complex, 999 Canada Place, Suite 660 Vancouver, B.C. V6C 3E1
The Consulate is open from:
except on Philippine & Canadian holidays.
The Consulate is closed on:
27 Aug (Mon) - National Heroes Day