Notice to Passport Applicants
Personal appearance is required for all passport applicants.
Applicants are encouraged to book an appointment online for their convenience.
1. Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (Pursuant to Article 21 of the Family Code of the Philippines*)
For Canadians, please go to this link for more information:
For other nationalities, please contact your Embassy/Consulate for more information on the issuance of Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage.
2. Original or certified true copy of birth certificate
3. Valid passport or citizenship certificate
4. Original or certified true copy of divorce decree or death certificate of deceased spouse, if applicable.
Once the abovementioned documents are secured, please note that the prospective foreign spouse, together with the Filipino contracting party, may then apply for a MARRIAGE LICENSE at the Office of the Civil Registrar where the Filipino contracting party habitually resides.
For other details and requirements, please contact the local civil registrar of the municipality in the Philippines where you plan to marry (http://www.gov.ph/directoryorig/local-government-units/) or the concerned Embassy/Consulate in the Philippines of the foreign national.
* “When either or both of the contracting parties are citizens of a foreign country, it shall be necessary for them before a marriage license can be obtained, to submit a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage, issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials.
Stateless persons or refugees from other countries shall, in lieu of the certificate of legal capacity herein required, submit an affidavit stating the circumstances showing such capacity to contract marriage.”
What are the basic documentary requirements for foreign nationals planning to marry in the Philippines?
The Philippine Consulate General is located at the World Trade Center Office Complex, 999 Canada Place, Suite 660 Vancouver, B.C. V6C 3E1
The Consulate is open from:
except on Philippine & Canadian holidays.
The Consulate is closed on: