Notice to Passport Applicants
Personal appearance is required for all passport applicants.
Applicants are encouraged to book an appointment online for their convenience.
3 March 2017 —The Philippine Consulate General in Vancouver invites qualified organizations and members of the Filipino-Canadian communities in British Columbia, Yukon and Northwest Territories to submit nominations to the Migration Advocacy and Media (MAM) Awards 2017.
Conceived in 2011 by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), the MAM Awards aim to recognize the significant role of the media in information dissemination and advocacy of news and concerns related to migration and development.
Eligible for the MAM awards are works by any individual, government and private media outlets, institutions and practitioners in the fields of print, radio, movie and television, advertising and internet based in the Philippines and abroad. Entries must have raised public awareness on issues on Filipino migration (e.g., human trafficking, illegal recruitment, brain drain and circulation, remittance flows), advocated the cause of Filipinos overseas, or promoted a positive image of Filipinos overseas.
Entries to the Awards must be submitted on or before October 13, 2017 to Mr. Frencel Tingga, MAM Awards Secretariat, Commission on Filipinos Overseas, Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Avenue corner Osmena Highway (South Superhighway) Manila, Philippines 1007, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The Migration Advocacy and media (MAM) Awards consist of six categories:
(1) Print Journalism Award, conferred on best print media (book, magazine, newspaper);
(2) Radio Journalism Award, conferred on best radio program;
(3) Television Journalism Award, conferred on best television program (talk show, investigative journalism, TV special or documentary);
(4) Film Media Award, conferred on best film and video (full-length or documentary);
(5) Interactive Media Award, conferred on best web-based publication; and
(6) Advertisement Award, conferred on best print, radio or TV commercial/advertisement on issues concerning migration.
Since 2011, this recognition has been conferred on 40 awardees and serves to highlight the role of media in tackling migration concerns in celebration of the Month of Overseas Filipinos in December.
For more information on the MAM Awards, you may get in touch with the MAM Secretariat at (+632) 552-4763 or (+632) 561-8332, email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download the primer and nomination form, please visit the CFO website: www.cfo.gov.ph
The Philippine Consulate General is located at the World Trade Center Office Complex, 999 Canada Place, Suite 660 Vancouver, B.C. V6C 3E1
The Consulate is open from: